We recently photographed a very memorable and unique event for our client CCS in support of the charity Hospitality Action. The charity offers vital assistance to all who work, or have worked within hospitality in the UK and who find themselves in crisis.
The event was a standing event, with live music and a DJ plus a champagne bar. The chef line-up boasted John Freeman from Restaurant Sat Bains, Mark Birchall who is soon to open Moor Hall, Sam Nutter, ex Noma and now at Bror in Copenhagen, Development chef John Feeney, James Knappett from Bubbledogs and Luke French from Joro Restaurant. Each chef got to cook one course, served personally, to give the punters a taste of what they do.
“Each chef will serve their dish personally and each guest will have a card they can tick off each time they try a dish – it’s like a mini tasting menu.”
Our job was to to cover all the cooking, which for seven chefs in one very small kitchen was a tight squeeze! The day was great fun and went well with the punters and chefs all having a fun time in this unique setting.
Take a look at the images posted below to see how the day went off and some of the finished dishes, which included the following.
- 62 Oyster, Cucumber, Wasabi – James Close, The Raby Hunt
- Chicken Liver Royale – John Freeman, Restaurant Sat Bains
- Dicks & Balls – Samuel Nutter, BROR
- Savoury Ferrero Rocher – John Feeney, Development Chef
- Smoked Eel – Tom Lawson, Rafters
- Hand Dived Scallop – James Knappet, Bubbledogs & Kitchen Table
- Raw Beef – Mark Birchall, Restmoor Hall
- Amalfi Lemon Doughnut – Ryan Bunker, The Raby Hunt
- Yuzu Skull Chocolate – James Close, The Raby Hunt
For more information on this and future events from Hospitality Action please visit the website.